Full transcript articles (with pictures!) available here.
The podcast is available on iTunes and other major podcasting platforms.
I write a number of articles on Medium, including straightforward comparisons of coins in a given space or sharing a given theme. Each article includes quick introductions of key concepts.
Series 1: Six Quantum Resistant Cryptocurrencies
Introduces quantum computing, hashing, public/private keys, signatures, and 51% attacks
Series 2: Twelve Ethereum Challengers (by Market Cap)
- RSK, formerly RootStock – also introduces Ethereum, smart contracts, Turing completeness, and sidechains
- EOS – also introduces consensus methods and Delegated Proof of Stake, the Byzantine Generals Problem, and Byzantine Fault Tolerance
- Cardano (ADA) – also introduces formal verification and an endless link-rabbithole starting at Ada Lovelace
- NEO (NEO and GAS) – notes China’s size and government philosophy as factors in the success of Chinese projects
- NEM (XEM), formerly New Economy Movement – discusses templates, APIs, and multi-level multi-signature transactions
- Qtum (QTUM), pronounced “Quantum” – discusses Bitcoin’s UTXO model vs. Ethereum’s account model
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) – discusses forks, the hack of The DAO, and concerns with pure application of “Code is Law”
- Hashgraph – discusses finality, the Hedera Hashgraph Council, DAGs (directed acyclic graphs), open source vs. open review, and fork resistance
- IOST – introduces the problem of random numbers in blockchains, which are deterministic
- Waves (coming soon)
- Komodo (coming soon)
- Counterparty (coming soon)
- Ethereum: Reprise (coming soon)
Summary Graphics from “The Ethereum Challengers”